5 Reasons I Smile

The ultimate goal of this blog is to spread awareness and show how beautiful life can be. We have four amazing daughters. Our youngest was born with Down syndrome. If just one person stops here and leaves with a different, better perspective about Down syndrome, then it is worth it. Regardless, I have 5 Reasons to Smile!



Saturday, November 13, 2010

Feeling like a Rock Star Mom!

I am not typically late, I am usually "right-on-time." The girls will ask, "Are we going to be late?" and I respond, "No, we are going to be right on time." I would rather be early, but there are some things I have had to let go of. On time is good.

Brynn's ballet class starts shortly after Jaden and Naomi get out of school. I usually have her ready, pick up Jaden and Naomi and head straight to class. There is no time to spare and she gets there right on time.

The other day Diondray was home and he was going to pick up Jaden and Naomi.

Brynn said to me, "Mom, are you taking me to ballet?"

Me, "Yes, is that OK?"

Brynn, "We don't have to pick up Jaden and Naomi?"

Me, "No"

Brynn, "DOES THAT MEAN I CAN GET FIRST CHAIR?"

me, thinking.. first chair, what is that?

and then it dawned on me. First chair. The first chair in the row of chairs her teacher sets out before class. The person in the "first chair" goes first. First for share and first to dance. I don't think Brynn has ever been first chair. I didn't even know it was something she paid much attention to (I didn't)!

I thought two things: First, my girl is going to be first chair today! Second, it reminded me that they have things that are important to them. Things they think about that we are unaware of. Things that may seem so insignificant, but can mean so much to them!

So, I made sure to get to ballet in plenty of time. Before anyone else. So Brynn could be first chair!


We were so on time, the teacher wasn't there yet!







Look how happy she is!!!!!!!!


One day she will be first chair too!


Did I feel like a Rock Star Mom that day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

2 comments: