5 Reasons I Smile

The ultimate goal of this blog is to spread awareness and show how beautiful life can be. We have four amazing daughters. Our youngest was born with Down syndrome. If just one person stops here and leaves with a different, better perspective about Down syndrome, then it is worth it. Regardless, I have 5 Reasons to Smile!



Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Kamryn's Krew 2011

The Buddy Walk is a national Walk program created by National Down Syndrome Society to promote acceptance and inclusion of people with Downs syndrome and to raise funds for local and national initiatives that support people with Down syndrome and their families.

Our Buddy Walk is an event that includes games, crafts, face painting and lunch. Toward the end of the event all the participates gather for a ceremonial Walk around the park. This year was our second year participating in our local Buddy Walk and Festival.

It was a beautiful day and once again we were joined by several family and friends. I know I should not brag but KAMRYN'S KREW ROCKS!!!






























My eyes have been opened to many things I did not see before Kamryn was born. At the beginning of this journey I was devastated. I was heart broken that my child was born with an extra chromosome. I have come to realize that whether you have 46 or 47 chromosomes your life is just as important, just as amazing, and just as beautiful. I am thankful that I have been given four girls to raise and share my life with. I continue to learn and grow everyday because of them. I wouldn't trade my journey for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment