5 Reasons I Smile

The ultimate goal of this blog is to spread awareness and show how beautiful life can be. We have four amazing daughters. Our youngest was born with Down syndrome. If just one person stops here and leaves with a different, better perspective about Down syndrome, then it is worth it. Regardless, I have 5 Reasons to Smile!



Thursday, June 7, 2012

Bitter SWEET


I am getting wiser.  Often the term older and wiser go hand and hand.  Funny, I don't feel older. I haven't had a birthday recently.  But I defiantly feel wiser.  I feel like I have been through some challenging times and many WONDERFUL, BEAUTIFUL, EXCITING, AMAZING times and with all the experiences I have accumulated in life I have become wiser. It feels good.  It's refreshing to let go of fear and see challenges as way to become stronger and grow into something better. It feels good to enjoy the day and what ever comes along with it. 

Over the past few months we have had some obstacles, lots of fun, smiles and even a few tears.  Of course I regret not sitting down and writing about our moments or at least posting a picture so the memory would be a little brighter for me.  There have been some bitter moments, some SWEET moments, but ironceilly most of them have been bitter-SWEET. 

Today was bitter SWEET. Brynn graduated from kindergarten! I noticed several moms dabbing their eyes as they filled with tears.  I felt like maybe I should get teary too and when the kids sang and signed What a Wonderful World, by Louie Armstrong I got close.  But the bitter was tiny compared to how sweet it felt.

It does drive me CRAZY how fast these girls are growing. The other day the radio station in the car suddenly changed and simultaneously Jaden said, "Do we have to listen to your station?" (Mind you, she had already changed it!)
I looked at her and (intended to respond "Yes, this is my car, I'm driving, so don't change the station!") I looked at her and said, "Shouldn't you be in a car seat in the back of the car? Why are you in the passenger seat next to me?"  :) It was funny, because seriously, when did she get old enough to sit in the front? Some where along the way she did.

I am wise enough to know that the day will end and you should try your best to be a part of it, enjoy it and soak it up.

I now have a First grader, Third grader, Sixth grader and a preschooler!  I don't even know how it's possible for me to have four kids!  I'm only 26!  OK, that last sentence is completely false, but there I times I feel that way! :)











No comments:

Post a Comment