5 Reasons I Smile

The ultimate goal of this blog is to spread awareness and show how beautiful life can be. We have four amazing daughters. Our youngest was born with Down syndrome. If just one person stops here and leaves with a different, better perspective about Down syndrome, then it is worth it. Regardless, I have 5 Reasons to Smile!



Saturday, December 11, 2010

Are you ready?

Lately people keep asking, "Are you ready for Christmas?" A few years ago I would have responded, "No!"

As of today, December 10th, I have not prepared my Christmas cards (I don't even have a Christmas photo!), not decorated our tree (although we picked it up Wednesday), not purchased any gifts and everything we have baked recently we have eaten. So essentially, I am not ready.

However, we have been very busy. The calendar is filling up with extra activities that occur during this time...Brynn's school Christmas program, school parties, our annual Christmas party, the Company parties, Church party, our annual trip to Knott's Berry Farm, scheduling a few days in the snow. We are getting ready for all the fun and exciting memories this time of year brings.

I am spending less time "getting ready" for Christmas. I am doing less decorating, less shopping, less of all the "stuff". I am just enjoying the gifts in everyday. I am ready.

Thanksgiving was wonderful! I cooked this!




I love this picture (even thought it is not clear.) Thanksgiving night all the kids were gathered around the TV trying to watch a movie. While the adults continued to talk way to loud.



They did jump on Thanksgiving!-Brynn was hoping for a jump house!



She has become pure TROUBLE! :)


Exercise anyone? This was the day after Thanksgiving.


The stockings are up...my favorite Christmas decoration! I have since finished my mantel!


Enjoying time with family...Nonno's visit from Italy came to an end.



The Discovery Museum. Why am I surprised that she is soooo typical????






The Christmas Parade!





I love the pom-pom on babies hats!







Pure TROUBLE ate a red stamp!





Trying to get a Christmas picture!





Still trying...



Jaden picked out the tree! It is BEAUTIFUL!



Naomi's class made gingerbread houses today. We went to help. :)





We are getting ready! Life is so beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Christmas always feels so rushed, with so many things to get done. Have a very blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete