5 Reasons I Smile

The ultimate goal of this blog is to spread awareness and show how beautiful life can be. We have four amazing daughters. Our youngest was born with Down syndrome. If just one person stops here and leaves with a different, better perspective about Down syndrome, then it is worth it. Regardless, I have 5 Reasons to Smile!



Friday, September 30, 2011

Getting Ready!

October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month. This is the second year I am attempting the challenge to post something on my blog everyday during the month of October.

31 for 21 - 31 representing the days in October and 21 representing Trisomy 21, the medical term for Down syndrome.


Here is to another kind of getting ready...

Before



After



I love my girls curly hair. Until the age of 3 I let them wear it natural. Natural, meaning maybe a quick brushing or combing in the morning, maybe not. By the time they turn 3, it has grown and brushing and combing become a must or they just look unkempt. I have the hair routine down. I can get all the girls hair brushed, put in a pony tail or braid, in 10 minutes! It amazing what you get excited about when you're a mom. Trust me, that is exciting!

I am also excited about Down syndrome awareness month. I'm getting ready!

1 comment:

  1. Your girls are beautiful! And I love your blog header and agree, you have many great reasons to smile. :)

    ReplyDelete