5 Reasons I Smile

The ultimate goal of this blog is to spread awareness and show how beautiful life can be. We have four amazing daughters. Our youngest was born with Down syndrome. If just one person stops here and leaves with a different, better perspective about Down syndrome, then it is worth it. Regardless, I have 5 Reasons to Smile!



Monday, September 20, 2010

the everyday

I enjoy the every day in life. The simple things that occur in the midst of all the chaos. The things that really matter. I find myself taking time to really notice. To stop.

So today, when Naomi and Brynn wanted their nails polished, and I needed to be making dinner, I polished their nails (mine too). I have become very conscious of the moment and being present. It's strange because I always thought I was. However, I had no happiness for a year after Kamryn was born. I don't like to type that, but it's the truth. I faked happy and that was hard and exhausting. I never thought I would be grateful for that first year of my journey. The struggle to get up, the struggle to smile, the struggle to feel. But I am. Because I find I appreciate being happy even more. And it feels so goooooood to be happy!


Today after school, these two decided to "surf"-I didn't try it, but how fun is that?!








and last night they put on a "show" for me. I giggled inside because they set up all those chairs for the audience and it was just me. :) (Diondray was at work and Kamryn decided to sit on the couch.)



This made me smile too. Now I am not obsessed with being neat. As you will see from picture one: The play room. But I have four girls, so some organization is required. Every day after school I say the same thing, "Empty your back pack and put it on the bench, hang your jacket, put your shoes in the closet, empty your lunch and put your lunch box on the counter....." for some reason those things don't always happen?! But today, one did. And I JUST SMILED:)!






This is just exciting! She drinks from a cup and look at that face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



1 comment:

  1. thank you for sharing about enjoying the everyday! it is hard sometimes to take the time to stop and think about "the everyday" so thanks for the reminder :) and look at that big girl holding her cup and drinking on her own - awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete