5 Reasons I Smile

The ultimate goal of this blog is to spread awareness and show how beautiful life can be. We have four amazing daughters. Our youngest was born with Down syndrome. If just one person stops here and leaves with a different, better perspective about Down syndrome, then it is worth it. Regardless, I have 5 Reasons to Smile!



Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Soccer Stars

I never loved soccer before I had children. For some reason it has become one of our sports. This year three of our four girls are playing. This means we spend all day Saturday at the soccer filed, which I love. We are outside, we are all together and it is just simple fun........(except now Jaden "cares" about her team record).

Saturday we had unprecedented 100 degree weather. I still loved it! :)

This girl plays all positions, but she can block some amazing goals!!!!!!!!!!!! (the ball siting in the picture was not the play ball)


#10 ROCKS!!!!



My Naomi, she plays forward....she scored about 5 goals and truly dominates on the filed. This is so funny to Diondray and I. At home she is sooooo sensitive and super sweet. But she will use her elbow on the field! We just have to giggle! The first game she played, we looked at each other like "WHO IS That GIRL?" ;)


Watch out for #7


Brynn plays in the mommy/daddy and me program. She doesn't get the "team" concept. Hence, she NEVER passes - I think she gets the "team" concept, but she wants to be the only one to score :)




IT WAS HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Soccer star in the making....she can kick the ball, but I couldn't get a picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!




After spending 5 hours in an open filed in excruciating weather...we hit Grandma's pool. I LOVE THIS PICTURE: Jaden is holding Kamryn's hand. Jaden loves this litter sister of hers and it is so heart warming to watch...as she will tell you, "my other sisters get on my nerves"- I bet one day this one will too!:)





It was another GREAT day!



NOTE for me: From June 12-Aug 5, I broke three (yes THREE) digital cameras. One, was dropped while I was taking a picture of Naomi riding her bike for the first time w/out training wheels. One, was slammed in the door of the car...don't ask. One, I took to the beach, who knew sand could ruin a digital camera????????? I haven't had the courage to buy another one, so the iPhone it is. Even for Kamryn and Naomi's birthday ! I know one day I will look back and wonder why these pictures are just blah....that is why. The reality is, I am no photographer anyway......:)

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! Greta and Brynn sound like they're on the same team :-) Kamryn looks so cute... I love that she's walking!

    ReplyDelete