5 Reasons I Smile

The ultimate goal of this blog is to spread awareness and show how beautiful life can be. We have four amazing daughters. Our youngest was born with Down syndrome. If just one person stops here and leaves with a different, better perspective about Down syndrome, then it is worth it. Regardless, I have 5 Reasons to Smile!



Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Down syndrome Awareness Month--- 31 for 21, Facebook

I don't really love all the technology we have today. It took me forever to start using email. I only did that because I was required to for work. I just recently started using my ATM card. While shopping at Target the other day, I was frantically digging through my purse and when I pulled out my check book, Diondray look at me and said, "You know your the only one that still writes checks?" We both started cracking up.....then he accused me of holding up the line, because filling out a check takes a whole few seconds longer than swiping the card. I have switched to the card, but not because of him. :)

I will say that as much as I love my iPhone, I can't stand it. It is way to much information to have in the palm of your hand. I realize how much easier, more efficient and effective these tools are, but like everything else you need balance. I think we are actually working more, because we never turn "it off." I think we need to pay more attention to what is around us, and less attention to what's in our phone......

I'm diverting from what I wanted to share about today. Today I reluctantly joined Facebook. Mainly, to SPREAD AWARENESS, 31 for 21 baby!


Sharing the joy.....

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with everything you said - our parents didn't have to spend anytime "checking email" or getting on the computer... i can't imagine going through everything we have with Whitney without being able to research on the internet and finding the world of blogs has been such a great support and information source - but i could do without the time i lose to email, random computer stuff, technology issues when something goes wrong w/ the computer, etc...
    by the way - that picture of you and kamryn is AWESOME - i hope you have it in a frame somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete